Thursday 22 December 2011

22.12.11 Naturally Thinking

I had a 'junk' email yesterday.  It was nothing of major significance, just an email to drum up business.  The company (Naturally Thinking) was offering to guarantee delivery before Christmas - so by Friday - for orders placed by 5pm.  I didn't take up the offer, but did notice that the greeting included in the email was flawed.

I was pleasantly surprised not to have been encouraged to enjoy a "Festive Christmas" (whatever the fuck that means) and there were no "Season's Greetings" included in the covering comments.  However, the company did not manage to score any points with me for two reasons.

  1. I was wished a "Very Merry Christmas".  As far as I'm concerned, the 'Very' is a pointless addition, and led to me necessarily having to create a mental scale of felicitations, and then evaluate the merits of a 'Very Merry Christmas' as opposed to the standard 'Merry Christmas' or the more common 'Happy Christmas'.  Who judges the scale of merriment or joy gained through Christmas arriving anyway?
  2. Along with the above, I was wished a "Safe and Prosperous New Year".  Now, I have no wish to experience an unsafe 2012, but that's my business and my own concern.  I do NOT wish to be assessed for a donation of safety via a fucking New Year's wish!  Safe?  Safe?  Fuck off with your "Safe" shit.  It's a cuntin' insult for some fucker I don't know to insincerely wish me a Safe New Year!  Furthermore, the felicitation included the misspelled 'Prosperous'.  I hope the prosperity of the company is not dependent upon accurate marketing information!
So there you have it, an update on my incoming emails and the shite that is included.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment