Thursday 1 December 2011

1.12.11 Lexus for Xmas

Some twat thinks I might be up for buying a Lexus for Christmas!  Just had a text message through.

24 shopping days till Xmas.  Lexus have 9 CT200h available with 3 years free servicing.

I will obviously not be phoning the contact number provided to request more information.  This simple example shows the complete mess the world is in.  Junk mail has been around for many years, and continues to arrive through my letter box.  However, that is not the end of its journey - no, I have the ability to send it back, whether after putting a line through my address and labelling it as "RTS" before re-posting, or after stuffing paper into pre-paid envelopes and posting.  With text messages, I am deprived of such an approach.  Cunting texts are almost as annoying as telesales calls.  What with texts, calls by people, and calls by 'machines', I'm sad to admit that junk mail is actually the least offensive means by which fuckers pester me.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment