Saturday 10 December 2011

10.12.11 Turner Prize Is Rubbish

Quite literally !!!

This year's winner of the £25,000 prize has displayed an amazing talent for turning complete trash into money.  I wonder if the irony has been lost on the twats who judge the competition.  The winner created a "piece of art" consisting of some scrunched up paper inside a waste paper bin.  Well done Martin Boyce for your rubbish creation.  It says everything that needs to be said about the competition, the work that's entered for consideration by the judges, and the laughable state of the art world.  I am quite sure that if I happened to wander past a piece of 'art' that was some paper in a bin, I would not be offended (nor very impressed) but I'd accept it.  Rewarding the creator with £25k though is madness.  Oh, look; I've just created some art by chucking away some paper in my basket!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment