Saturday 26 May 2012

26.5.12 Morrisons Price Dips

Here's an example of the diabolical approach of UK supermarkets, and pricing policies which rip off UK consumers.  Yesterday, I made fajitas, and in preparation, shopped for some essentials which included looking for avocados, because who doesn't like guacamole?  The choise was a reasonably large one at £1, or three small ones at £1.50.  The thing was, I couldn't go for any of them, because they were rock hard, and could have been used as replacement cobblestones in a Yorkshire village.  As a result, I had to go for the ready made guacamole.  I was about to pick up a couple of small round plastic containers, which were on sale at £1.15 each, for 125g of the stuff.  This worked out at 92p per 100g.  However, just before I put them in my trolley, I saw on the shelf containers of mixed dips for sale at £1 each, or two for £1.70.  Within these packages was a small section containing guacamole - in fact 100g of it.  So, for 85p per 100g, I bought some.

Can some twat at Morrisons please explain to me how the exact same stuff can be dispensed in one container at 92p/100g, whilst being included in a multi-dip pack at 85p.  I saved seven pence, and got three further dips, 100g each, of cream and chives, salsa, and nacho & chilli.  Pro-rata, I thus paid 21p instead of 92p.

That's well over four times the price for no good reason!  Bonkers!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment