Wednesday 16 May 2012

16.5.12 England Squad - Euro 2012



Oh dear - looking at the squad just announced, I am feeling some despair already.  Let's just recap:

Ashley Cole - Surely happier with a rifle in his hand?
John Terry - Why oh why does the footballing world still entertain this controversial, dirty, thuggish player, whose affairs and baggage seem to unsettle everything.  It seems that whilst "innocent until proven guilty" should be the rule, I think we all have enough of an appreciation of the JT "B**** C***" issue to know that describing JT as an 'undesirable' would be the most generous spin possible.
Gareth Barry - I thought he'd secured a place at the donkey santuary; why's he being let out?
Stewart Downing - Remind me, has he done anything at Liverpool to justify his transfer fee and wages?  I thought not; however, it seems he's what England needs . . . . . . hmmmmmm.
Steven Gerrard - Emperor's New Clothes syndrome is going on here.  Who's going to be first to say it?  Steven Gerrard is not half the player he used to be, and there's some trading on reputation going on here.
James Milner - A solid middle-of-the-road player.  Oh, that means England material, does it?
Ashley Young - He goes down quicker than a desperate prostitute; is he included in the hope of winning penalties?
Andy Carroll - Ah, yes - the successful, ponytailed £35million striker whose efforts for Liverpool this season have been brilliant.  Oh, sorry, did I say 'brilliant'?  I meant 'bollocks'.

I'm tired already.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment