Tuesday 15 May 2012

15.5.12 Conversation


Scene 1 - Northern Dialogue: Bar

After entering the bar area of a local pub and restaurant, ahead of a meal, Mrs MWSC walks up to the barman.

Mrs MWSC:   "What's with the specs, Ian?"
Barman:         "I wear glasses."


Scene 2 - Spelling

TMWSC is encouraging Junior (youngest) to understand the language, and act upon the letters Junior has written on the board, intended to prompt parental provision of a Time Out bar.  TMWSC points to each letter in turn.

Junior:            "T" . . . "I" . . . "M" . . . "E" . . . "O" . . . "U" . . . "T"
TMWSC:         "Spells?"
Junior:            "Chocolate!"


Scene 3 - A Positive State of Mind

In the kitchen, TMWSC is talking to a visitor who comments on the actions of Larry (Basset Hound) the evening before, who nicked some beer.

Visitor:            "Last night he caught me out - I turned my back for one minute and my glass was half empty."
TMWSC:         "That's not very positive!"


Scene 4 - Weird Names

In the Co-op, Mrs MWSC approaches the checkout.  She is attempting to put items on to the small conveyor belt, upon which two teenagers are leaning, getting in the way, and adopting a pathetic posture that inhibits progress.  The parents are just behind the checkouts.

Mrs MWSC:      "Excuse me."
Parent:              "Talula Crystal and Kayden Jordan, gerrout 't way - woman's tryin' to get through!"

I have no idea of the spellings, but TC = female and KJ = male.


Scene 5 - Northern Dialogue: Local Shop

At the tiniest of local shops, Mrs MWSC converses with the chap selling cut price items, as she buys a few essentials.

Mrs MWSC:       "My husband won't buy loo roll from anywhere else."
Shopkeeper:     "That news marks a pivotal point in my career, and I'll be sure to put it on my CV.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment