Friday 11 May 2012

10.5.12 Petrol & Diesel Measures

I claim that it is impossible in this country to buy a litre of fuel at a service station.  In making this assertion, I am NOT referring to the minimum amount that needs to be dispensed - ie. the £5 minimum sale that's enforced at some pumps, or the minimum number of litres.  No, I am referring to the actual cost of a litre.



The whole basis for my claim is that fuel, whether petrol or diesel, is sold in parts of a fucking penny!  How the fucking hell can the liquid be sold as £1.45.9 per litre.  The cost of four litres should therefore be £4.83.6 which is an issue, seeing as 0.6 of a cuntin pence is not something I can rustle up in change.  Even the long since abandoned half pence piece would be of no help.  So, in essence I have proved that when a station choses to sell fuel by not sticking to whole pence [ie. every fucking one of them] then it's actually impossible to buy 4 litres of petrol!

What other commodity is sold this way?  What's stupid as well is the pathetic difference it makes to the final bill.  A fill up the other day cost me £1.42.9 per litre.  The 29.85 litres thus led to a bill of £42.65.  What is complete madness is the amount gained by BP for the 0.1 pence per litre - less than three pence, so 0.07% of the transaction.  Never have I come across such a pathetic basis for deciding that a penny needs splitting into ten.  I would actually prefer more honesty and clarity on signs with £1.43 per litre than the extradecimal point and digit, to signify that I will save seven one hundredths of one percent on my bill.

Madness.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment