Saturday 22 March 2014

22.3.14 Comic Strip Presents





The ubiquitous Kelly Brook has had her picture taken some more, which is of course NOT news.  As ever, her 'media presence' forms a comic strip which is of insignificant value or interest - just the occasional mild amusement.  This time, though, we are presented with some accompanying information that someone mistakenly thought I'd be interested in; she's engaged.  This is the same bloke from whom she has already managed to 'split' during their lengthy 11-week relationship.  Still, they're back together and managing to displace from newspapers everywhere many things far more important and actually newsworthy.

With apathy I read the accompanying drivel, and found myself chuckling here and there.

"According to The Sun, the 34-year-old was left dumbstruck by his proposal but took just three seconds to agree."

I have always had my doubts about the three-second rule, and I reckon she should have left him there.  As for "dumbstruck", well . . . . !  More amusement was provided by a 'friend', who told The Sun:

"It's still a closely guarded secret and came to Kelly as a massive shock."

Some friend, some secret, and not much of a shock really.  The pot-kettle-black element of the story comes from the rather hypocritical view taken by KB when she split from David McIntosh over his being "fame hungry".  What a nerve - her, not him.  I think that self-promotion is in Kelly's DNA, and I can think of few others who court attention from anyone with a Canon to a Box Brownie.  Anyway, back to the friend again:

"Kelly is at that time of her life now where she wants to make a commitment and she has fallen head over heels for David."

I think this is the same sort of commitment that's been made previously, with engagements to Jason Statham and Billy Zane.  The saga with Danny Cirpriani was simply long and very painful for all concerned - mostly us poor readers. The Mirror describes her new bloke as the "father-of-one muscleman" and this suggests (to me at any rate) he's perhaps not the best qualified chap I've ever come across.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment