Saturday 26 November 2011

26.11.11 T.M.Lewin Shirt

There can be no doubt that it is a good shirt; well-made, strong, and made from good quality material.  There are lots of things that confirm its superior worth.
  • 2-piece collar with 12 components
  • Non-fused collar linings for added comfort
  • Checks fully matched across front and back yoke
  • Lock-stitched buttons that won't fall off
  • Long differential tail
  • Sleeves cut on the straight grain to avoid twisting
  • Two-fold cotton fabric
This is all very wonderful, and I am pleased to own it.  I am sure that the standard price at £85 is way too steep, but these days, sales allow purchase at around £42.50 - still rather too much for a shirt.  However, there are further sale offers that suggest you can now get five shirts for £100.  BUT, before you all rush to order online, a word of caution.  There is one feature that my shirt simply does not have, and that is "Non-Iron".

I kid you not, I have ironed this cunt to within an inch of its life.  Actually, I lie, because it will probably outlast me, it is so fucking strong and well-made.  This shirt would put a marquee to shame, let alone a boiler suit, which would have infinitely less durability.  The thing is indestructible.  Quite simply, it is an unbelievable shirt - but it will not relinquish its creases.  I have ironed it on various settings, sprayed water and I have attempted adjusting steam output in every possible way.  The fucking thing will NOT respond as any normal shirt.

Today, I tried taking it from the washing machine and allowing it a cursory level of warmth from a radiator before attacking it with an iron.  I rather thought that because the cunt was so damp as it stretched across the ironing board, I'd have a faint fucking chance of drying it with the iron so that the creases became history.  I devoted this evening a full half hour of effort to make progress.  At the end of my work, I put the shirt on the hanger and realised that creases, subtle crumples that seem now to have become part of the shirt's DNA, were staring at me, smug as hell among the checks.


How on earth does anyone manage to get a TM Lewin shirt wearable?  Whatever "Non-Iron" means in terms of shirt composition, I want some of it, and so on any future purchase will ensure this description applies.  Please do the same yourself, to remain happy and not de-pressed - haha!  As for this shirt, I give up. 

...

No comments:

Post a Comment