Monday 21 November 2011

21.11.11 Granny Wars

83-year-old Dorothy, was said to have overheard 89-year-old Noreen "muttering under her breath" in the dining room.  The manager of the care home told the inquest: "I saw a heated argument between the two ladies and I heard Dorothy say, 'I'll floor you if you speak to me like that again'.  I then saw Dorothy hit her in the centre of the chest with a clenched fist and Noreen immediately fell backwards."  Noreen, who was only 4ft 9in and weighed less than 7st, was lifted up off her feet by the punch.  She sadly died later in hospital.

Unbelievably Dorothy was not charged!  Apparently  she "did not have the capacity to form a criminal intent" and so was let off.  What a weird story and outcome!  I am so lost for words, I cannot even bring myself to swear.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment