Sunday 4 September 2011

4.9.11 Price Watch

I was amazed by the recent tactics at Morrisons.  Supermarkets are a law unto themselves, and con the fuck out of us on a regular basis.  No, I am not this time talking about the variations in pack size/weight, or the creative ways in which they display items, or don't even make certain products or brands available.  I am this time logging a very simple issue - the unwarranted cuntin' price hike.

I thought that the Sainsbury's increase in the cost of its most basic toilet roll from 51p to 70p at my local store was bad enough, equating to an increase in a month of 37%.  But no, what takes the biscuit (or in this case the pasta) is the Morrisons hike of the year!  On Saturday 27th August, I purchased the own-brand pasta at 17p.


On Friday 2nd September, just six days later, it had risen to a new selling price of 41p.  That's a shocking 141% rise in less than a week.  What the fucking fuck?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment