Tuesday 30 August 2011

30.8.11 Bird Seed

By the time I realised there was no bird seed in the house on Saturday, it was too late to do much about it.  There is most definitely some logic to my concern, as I do have a bird requiring seed on a daily basis - otherwise my worry over bird seed would be a bit random. The realisation came at 6.30pm, but I was mildly comforted that I could get some on Sunday at the pet store in the next village.  Jimmy had seed for Saturday, so was happy enough.

A late start on Sunday was followed up with a necessity to watch the Grand Prix.  That's me we're talking about, not Jimmy.  What I'd failed to realise was that on Sundays, the pet shop closes at 3.00pm.  So, whilst Vettel was crossing the line, Jimmy was getting a bit cross and I felt I'd crossed a line.  What with it being a Bank Holiday on Monday, the shop over the road would not be open in the morning.  I decided I owed it to Jimmy to feed him his Sunday dinner (late) and my only option was a twenty mile round trip to Wilkinsons.  I knew it was open until 4.30pm, so I dutifully went on a mission.  Success followed, and Jimmy was catered for on Sunday, and Monday.

The bag of Canary seed was, I think, meant for a different bird - one called "Connie".  I worked this out from the packaging; the one-kilo bag had the interesting strapline of "Keeps Connie Chirpy" which seems to have no relevance at all.  The product itself was labelled as follows:

Wilko
Impeckable Canary Mix

A very good 'play on words' but rather worrying, as it suggested that Jimmy would struggle to peck the stuff.  Fortunately he managed quite well.

There you have it - excitement all round.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment