Friday 12 August 2011

12.8.11 Junk Mail

For some considerable time, I have adopted a "resend" approach.  This means that uninvited correspondence does not make its way to my bin, but goes back out into the big wide world for a postman to return the favour to the sender of shit.


The recent arrival of a begging letter from Friends of the Earth led to a swift turnaround on my part, and as you'll see from the above image, I was less than impressed with the marketing people who decided to make a statement that riled me.  How dare they!  I was able to muster some sarcasm and wit with my annotation, before the offending article found itself back in a postbox.

This week, I was handed my post one day by the postman. I signed for some train tickets, after which he handed me a couple of letters.  One of them was in fact pure junk mail.  I am quite sure you have seen (and received, even) a replica from Sun Life.


Michael Parkinson is not someone whose presence on an envelope would make me buy insurance.  It is also a joke of an approach to ask the recipient if he/she is old aged!  Michael can fuck off.

I am also getting to the end of my tether with Virgin Media.  On a fortnightly basis, I get an envelope that is simply addressed to "The Occupier".


I yesterday took the liberty of helping out at 'the Palace' by suggesting the service, through a mail re-direction.  You'll see from the photo above that I am keen to let the Queen consider the merits of Virgin Media, as I am devoid of any cuntin' interest.

My final comment on junk mail is in the form of a suggestion.  Perhaps you might like to use the continual supply of prepaid envelopes arriving via junk mail, to return (at random) all mail to the sending parties, using the 'free' envelopes.  Only by sending the communal junk back through the system to the senders (at their expense) will there ever be a change of tactics that could lead to the senders stopping the nuisance practice.

...

1 comment: