Thursday 11 August 2011

11.8.11 Taste the Difference

At lunch time today I bought a sandwich at Sainsbury's.

Ham Hock & Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese, on Multiseed Farmhouse Batch Bread

£3 for a sandwich is not cheap, but from the description, you will probably agree that it does look fairly good.  But - where in the fuckin' description does it say "smeared in cuntin' chutney"?

Exactly! Only when one looks at the tiny print on the bottom of the expensive packaging, after purchasing it and after starting to eat, does one realise there's a dollop of Ale & Onion Chutney contaminating the sandwich.  Diabolical.

As I'm on the subject of food, I should also note the individuality of the Pork Farms pie that I bought from the same shop.  It was not unique of course, but it was certainly individual.  How do I know this?  It said so on the wrapper.  PORK FARMS Individual Pork Pie.  Now, I only wanted the one pie, and picked up a pie that was on its own, and not in a multipack.  After such effort to obtain a pork pie, I did not really need the patronising confirmation offered by the wrapper that stated how I'd come to acquire an individual pork pie.  I did look at the others on the shelf, just to see if the pies that clustered in groups were labelled "One of a Set" or something similar.  Nope - only the elite are individuals and all the others (the riff raff) are given no special descriptor.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment