Wednesday 30 January 2013

30.1.13 Wetherby Services - Rubbish

I have decided to speak out, and make a stand against the fascist rulers of Wetherby Services, who have erected numerous signs about litter.  The two similar messages are:

"Bin your litter, other people do"

"Use a bin for your litter, others do"



I am not at all happy with the messages being given via these notices.  My unhappiness with the tone and sentiment is matched by my complete dissatisfaction regarding the wording itself.  I would like to go on record to say that, despite the claims made, I (and only I) put my litter into a bin.  I have never expected anyone else to put my litter in any bin, nor have I ever sought such intervention in any motorway service area, let alone Wetherby.  Neither have I, under duress, ever allowed someone else to manhandle my litter, or transport it towards a bin.

The insinuation is that I am creating a lot of litter which other people are putting in the bin, and that I am at fault for not joining in: ie. Other people do, but I don't.  Other's apparently use a bin for my litter and I am now being told to use a bin as well.  As far as I am concerned, other people can keep their fucking hands off my litter!  If I am successful in managing to keep other people's hands off my litter, then the claim that 'others do' (regarding use of a bin for my litter) is quite clearly a lie.  I am in the process of obtaining legal advice over whether I can sue in Wetherby.

Changing approach now, to consider the other option, I have concerns as well.  By 'the other option', I mean that the notices are inherently flawed, and the intention of the twats in charge was to say that other people put their own litter into the bins, so I really ought to follow their example (with my litter, not theirs, of course).  IF this is what they meant to say (but failed completely) then I need to highlight further issues.

The "others do" and "other people do" assertions are clearly lies.  I claim that there must have been a state whereby other people fucking didn't for there to have been a need for signage.  The only reason for such signs would have been litter that was not placed in bins.  If there was indeed litter on the floor, and the claim that "others do" (or did) has any merit at all, then it must have been ME by default who was the fucker littering the place!  I resent the accusation and refute it completely.  In fact I refute the charge, and refuse to accept that the refuse was not binned by me.  I can be quite sure that other people fucking didn't throw their own litter into the bins because I know for a fact that I have always thrown my litter (litter that needed throwing, anyway*) into bins.  Thus, any litter not in a bin was/is most certainly not mine.  I therefore resent getting the blame for that, through the tone of these notices that are threatening and pompous!

I have purchased 3 cans of aerosol paint, so that under cover of darkness, I can respond to each claim on each sign with one of the following three options:

a) Fuck off, I do bin my litter!
b) No they fucking don't!
c) You cunts - that's libellous.

'Other people' are in fact thick cunts who cannot read.  I know this because anyone who reads any of the signs will automatically become the target of the instruction/criticism, and be ordered to use a fucking bin, something that others do.  It therefore follows that the only people qualifying as 'other people' must be those who do not see or understand the signs.  The blind will of course be unaware, period.  They will not see the signs, not know which group ('others' or 'alleged offenders') they belong to and will most definitely not see whether there's any litter lying about.  In fact, they won't even see the bins.  Apart from the fact that they MAY produce some litter of their own, we should, I feel, exclude them completely from this whole mess.  That leaves us with people who cannot read.

People who cannot read the signs will therefore form part of the group known as "others" on account of their not being able to see the message which would immediately move them into the category of offenders.  On that basis, they will be in the clear as far as binning rubbish goes, even if they do not bin their rubbish.  This oversight by the sign-makers means someone can drop rubbish underneath a sign, yet form part of the group known as "others" whose members supposedly "DO" put rubbish in bins.

* I noted above that I throw away litter that needs to be binned.  Quite clearly there ought to be a choice.  These days, so the government keeps spouting, choice is everything.  I think it is a cheek to order us all to bin litter, because on many occasions I decide to take it away with me.  Whilst we do not in the UK have a constitution, I feel that the right to bear rubbish would be something to be included in my rights.  Now, though, I'd like to move on to the final FLAW in the whole mess.

I may (as may others) from time to time have various collections of molecules that could be termed not just 'unwanted', but 'rubbish'.  Rubbish itself is not a problem, but what is done with it can lead to undesirable results, and so problems with litter.  Rubbish, if not properly dealt with, can cause a mess, and in such circumstances, rubbish becomes 'litter'.  If I have some rubbish, and I put it into a bin, then all well and good, and 'litter' does not come into the equation.  However, if I have some rubbish and drop it on the floor, then it instantly becomes 'litter'.  The sign writers were wrong to target litter.

Litter consists of waste products that have been disposed of improperly, without consent, in an inappropriate location - so says Wikipedia.  So, if I decide not to turn my rubbish into 'litter', I need do no more than keep it, or put it into a bin.  To make it 'litter', I'd need to toss it on to the floor.  Once it is on the floor, it IS NOT MINE, but instead belongs to Wetherby Services, the owner of the property. The twats who made these signs should have suggested all visitors ought to put their own rubbish into the bins provided.  That way, there would be no fucking litter!

Q.E.D.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment