Monday 4 June 2012

4.6.12 Springwatch Unhinged

Last week, for the first time ever, I saw Springwatch and the Springwatch Unsprung (haha) offering that followed immediately afterwards.  What a pile of complete shit.  Patronising to the extreme, the presenters fed us little bits of information as though the audience consisted of four-year-olds.  This was dumbed down to the point of agony for anyone whose mind was more active than a pile of dead leaves covered by a tarpaulin.  Chris Packham has the personality of a tree trunk, and Martin Hughes-Games looked rather creepy, dressed in his barbour coat.  One can generally forgive Michaela Strachan anything, because she is and always has been the animal woman.



The format was weak, and the style of delivery for very little news was excruciatingly poor.  I could no more listen to Chris Packham than I could stomach eating prunes for a year solid - which is an oxymoronic, close to a description of the server.  I have seen reference to CP being referred to as the "housewife's heartthrob", and if there any females who endorse this description, then they must be very sad individuals. 

I will not be watching ever again.  Actually, the programme came on after something else and I never bothered to switch over.  My education was completed over a drawn-out nature lesson where the presenters seemed to delight in things dying, and in making an effort to justify their jobs.  Why the fuck does the BBC need to pay three people to present this stuff?  I so resent my licence fee being dished out to twats in anoraks who tell me very little about what I could find out for myself if I were inclined.

Springwatch, and then Springwatch Unsprung.  I would so have loved an opportunity to follow these two with Springwatch Unhinged, a comedy 'spoof' version.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment