Thursday 28 June 2012

28.6.12 Wimbledon

Here we are again, four days into Wimbledon 2012 and I've hardly seen a shot yet.  Already, though, I am fed up regarding the obsession with Andy Murray.  This fortnight is not really about good tennis and comprehensive coverage.  No, it's about the British competitors and whether they manage to hang in there for more than one round.  Laura Robson was not up to the task this year of winning her first round match - rather disappointing, I'd say, to go out immediately in your home tournament that happens to be the biggest competition in the sport.



When I get an update on the goings on at Wimbledon, I want exactly that.  I do not want to have my brain focused for me on to the plight of seven has-beens, and Andy Murray.  Wimbledon is NOT all about Murray!  I would like to go on record regarding this.

Notice to the BBC

Please broadcast the tennis championship using my licence money, and ensure that you give a proper and fair representation of what goes on in SW19.  This means NOT telling me at the top of every programme or bulletin what Andy Murray is doing, thinking, eating for breakfast, or moaning about.  I do not want to hear about his mum, his training regime, his hopes for the future or anything else that is not portrayed for every other player in the compe-cuntin-tition!  If all I wanted was concentration on Murray, I'd stalk the guy.  What I do want is to see the tennis, and that includes a broad spread of input.  Don't be so biased.  Thank you.

. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment