Sunday 8 January 2012

8.1.12 Peaches Pregnant

I read the news today - oh boy.  I hold out little hope for the future, after the report on the latest status of Peaches Geldof.  I will not apologise for seeming pessimistic; here are some of the points I extracted from the piece.

I was amused by the style with which the reporter introduced dubiousness to the career path followed by Peaches:

A spokeswoman for Peaches, who has tried to make a career as a telly host and model, said: "They are delighted".

It suggests to me a view that Peaches has rather failed in her attempts to make it as a host and model, don't you think?  She is having the baby with her fiance, Thomas Cohen, who is only 20 years old.  I realise that he may well be mature for his years, but even so, the youthful front man for the punk group SCUM does not at face value seem to offer a long term option.  Peaches was married for a while - less than a year actually, before it ended.

So, he's 20, sings in a punk band called SCUM, and is 'delighted'.  She's 22, has tried to make it as a telly host and model, is divorced, three months pregnant and 'delighted'.  They are in the public eye, and probably have slightly skewed views on what normal life is all about.

Sorry but the signs are not good. 

...

No comments:

Post a Comment