Monday 7 October 2013

7.10.13 PP




I refer not to "per pro" (original Latin 'per procurationem') and I am not one letter short for "public-private partnership".  No; unless there's a place for a further 'P' (to stand up for pheasants) I am highlighting Pointless Pippa.

I read this weekend with some consternation how Pippa Middleton (the one who tells us how to have a party) has been to Edinburgh to join in with the pheasant shooting expeditions of a load of toffs.  These Hooray Henriettas photographed giggling away are together one simple display of everything that's wrong with certain elements of society.  Chavs and desperate people get more than enough attention (usually quite rightly) for being unbelievable in so many different ways.  The upper classes, though, far too often escape criticism for being awful in their own right.

The need to chortle over a dead partridge or pheasant is surely perverse? What's equally annoying is the lifestyle that certain people have which allows the swanning around (hopefully swans won't be shot in retaliation for my comments) without a care, on pointless pursuits.  If Pointless Pippa Middleton wants to return from Edinburgh with the latest (rich) boyfriend, I do not want to read about it or see that she is wearing a supposedly fashinable cape - let alone buy one.  Obviously my lack of interest in Pippa on this count was more than matched by the lack of interest shown by the Police when a gun was being waved by someone she was travelling with.



Romain Rabillard was the culprit but I hardly sense any sense in Pointless, who spends her life non-achieving. With little hope of a response, I invite anyone with evidence that Pippa is anything but pointless to come forward and make a case.  However, I think we can all quickly agree that having displayed an arse to the world at the wedding, she's now content to be not much more than an arse in general.  If I were an adviser to Ms Middleton, I'd suggest injecting a sense of purpose into the pampered existence.  Otherwise, there's a very real danger that she will forever oust the main claimants to pointlessness, the Yorks.  Sarah Ferguson, the DoY and the Ugly Sisters have to date all been arguing over who should have bottom spot.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment