Saturday 5 October 2013

5.10.13 Big Star's Little Star



Some of the participants on this show have been horrendous - and I refer to the Big Star rather than the Little Star.  These kids are there for us all to 'ooh' and 'aah' at and to provide snippets of information that we can all chuckle at. Yawn. Tedious as a proposition for any more than a one-off show, the guests have included a rabble of mostly desperate people wanting TV exposure.  I was most offended when I saw Edwina Currie milking the limelight after dragging on her granddaughter - I'd previously thought that this was aimed at parents and their offspring rather than allowing a skip of generation.



Apatosaurus

Anyway, I read in the paper yesterday, without having seen the show, about the latest filming awkwardness after 5-year-old Jemima Bercow had to be taken off stage three times.  I have no interest at all in seeing Jemima, and so much less interest in seeing the much older Berc***.  What I am struggling with is the reason she is included in the programme.  The clue is in the title, I think, and so the older of the pair is supposed to be a 'Star'.  Sally Bercow is most definitely NOT a star, and under no definition could she ever claim to be. So what the fucking hell is she doing poncing around on TV then?

Oi - ITV twats - you should be ashamed of your yourselves for recruiting [although getting the 'yes' would have taken less than one second] someone who is wholly inappropriate for inclusion in a show of this name. As it is the current trend (and perhaps more accurately, 'preoccupation') to be offended, then I must record that I am fucking offended !

...

No comments:

Post a Comment