Sunday 29 April 2012

29.4.12 The Voice: Poor Man's X-Factor

I am indebted to DIL2B (Daughter-in-law to be) for highlighting something that had actually crossed my mind without me nailing the problem.  On tonight's results show for The Voice, I was puzzled by the attire of a few contestants, and in particular Sam Buttery, whose outfit was distinctive and the same as last night's.  As DIL2B pointed out, The Voice is the "poor man's X-Factor" because the show cannot even stretch to different clothes.  However, after some consideration, I think I have the answer.

The telephone vote after yesterday's live show was one which invited the public to waste 25p on each vote to save a contestant, and the lines closed at 9pm.  Straight off, on tonight's results show, Hollery Willoughby told us not to vote because the lines were closed.  I am not surprised, now, because I believe the results show is recorded immediately after the live show on Saturday.  The lines close at 9.00pm, and then they all record the half hour reults show, wearing the same clothes.  It's then put on our screens on Sunday.

Tossers!  I was already of the opinion that the Voice was shit, and after enduring (for that is indeed the word and the experience) yesterday's input by four shitty judges, two hosts who hadn't a clue and acts which were padding, I can say in all honesty that the hype was exactly that - hype.  There is no substance, or a shred of believability involved with this programme.  Tonight, the painful eeking out of fucking conversations about nothing was total torture.  Small talk that revolved around judges saying fuck all, or "it's difficult" or "it'll be a tough decision" was dire, and this is most definitely NOT entertainment.  BHye Sam - you were poor and off key.  Bye Sophie - seventeen or not, you wailed and were poor.

The Voice is now The Farce.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment