Thursday 13 October 2011

13.10.11 Virgin Mail

It is amazing that Virgin Media has such tenacity, and is hell bent on persuading me to enrole in some shit or other.  They do not know who I am, of course, as the letters are all addressed to "The Occupier".


It may be a more exciting place to live as far as Virgin is concerned, but from where I am surveying the world, I suspect there's a bit more excitement elsewhere.  I certainly don't get excited when seeing the 88th letter coming through the letter box.  The generic 'Occupier' does though open the floodgates when it comes to redirecting the junk.  Rather than an 'RTS' note, I prefer to share the experience of receiving Virgin Media junk with others who may not be included in the target audience of bods at Virgin.


It's not the best photo in the world, but you'll probably make out that I have chosen to challenge the Royal Mail by redirecting this letter to Eddystone Lighthouse, off the Cornish coast (although the rocks themselves are classed as Devon, hence the address).  I have helped with the co-ordinates.  The delivery man should be aided with what I hope is an expectation of a tall cuntin' thing close to lots of water and rocks.  Hopefully the general knowledge of a postman includes awareness of such things.  Below is a photo for your benefit, dear reader, to display the lighthouse in all its glory.


Moving on, and choosing a destination for the second letter/circular that I received within five days of the first, I again chose a west country location - Wookey Hole in Somerset.


I suspect that a hole in Wells is a tad easier to deliver to, although below 'The Occupier' I have designated Witch of Wookey, so really the postman ought to go underground!  If so, I wonder does he escape the £16 admission charge for a gander of the caves (?)



So, that's two more locations embraced (possibly) by whatever modern technology is being touted by Virgin Media.  Strangely, I have not heard of any technological revolution at Buckingham Palace after the last despatch from here, but maybe there's a bit of Tivo or Internet action happening . . . .



Where will you send yours?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment