Thursday 13 October 2011

13.10.11 Domino's Pizza Offer

I am less than impressed with the claims made in the national press, regarding the deals available at Domino's Pizza establishments.  I saw in the paper today an advert that suggested I might be satisfied with a pizza of my choosing.


Quite reasonably, I was impressed, and keen to place my order.  However, Derek was less than impressed or co-operative when I tried to arrange delivery.  It is Thursday, so I rather expected the offer to be honoured because it doesn't end till Sunday and delivery was most definitely included.  He was having none of it though.  I was totally within my rights to ask for a 28-inch pizza.  The advert quite clearly says any size pizza for £9.99, so I chose a pizza with a 28-inch diameter.  The fact that this is way bigger than their largest normal one is irrelevant.  Derek got pissy with me, and I sensed I was confusing him.  Judging that he was fairly young, I offered to take one that measured 70cm, thinking that the metric equivalent might help him understand and then process my order.  No luck with that approach.

In the end, I decided against pizza and hung up.  I am toying with the idea of raising the matter with advertising standards because 'any size pizza' means exactly that.  Derek said if he gave in and created my super large pizza, it would have had a domino effect for the rest of the promotional period, and crippled the business.  I was going to top that, but decided to save my money.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment