Tuesday 25 December 2012

25.12.12 Really TV

Today's viewing on the freeview channel 'Really' is quite simply odd.  Scouring the TV guide to see what's on, I cam across what can only be described as the weirdest entertainment.

8.00    Make My Body Younger
9.00    The Ellen DeGeneres Show
10.00  One Born Every Minute
11.00  One Born Every Minute
12.00  One Born Every Minute
1.00    One Born Every Minute
2.00    One Born Every Minute
3.00    One Born Every Minute
4.00    One Born Every Minute
5.00    One Born Every Minute
6.00    One Born Every Minute
7.00    One Born Every Minute
8.00    One Born Every Minute
9.00    My Big Breasts and Me
10.00  My Breasts and I
11.00  My Small Breasts and I
12.00  My Big Breasts and Me

I am struggling to understand a number of things regarding this schedule:

a) Why Ellen DeGeneres features amongst so many birth and boobs
b) Who could possibly want to watch eleven hours of 'One Born Every Minute'
c) The significance if the 'I' in the programmes at 10pm and 11pm, which suggest unfinished sentences in the title; "My Breasts and I . . . . . what?"  "Ride a bike?"  "Get On Well?"  There is no room for such grammatical contradictions in the last four programmes, and there should be some sort of scale for judging things (other than the unmentioned cup size).  How about a programme at 1am called "My Half-Full Glass" or should that be "My Half-Empty Glass of Milk", do you think?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment