Thursday 20 December 2012

20.12.12 Christmas Lights

I can understand how putting up lights can be addictive, and it's not a great step from that to it becoming competitive.  There have been films and TV episodes which have featured this as their theme, usually to silly levels and obsession.

I dabbled a few years back with small lights around the four front-facing windows, but that was a short-lived thing, I think for just two consecutive years at Christmas.  By then, the green wires had knotted, odd bulbs had blown and the whole process of taping them to the window frames seemed onerous and pointless.  If I were to bother once more, it could well be along the lines of the following photo [courtesy of Ann] if wound up by a neighbour.



I think I'd very much enjoy living in Australia - there's simply no pissing about or holding back, and I rather like that!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment