Friday 6 July 2012

6.7.12 Newsround

BBC Lunacy

It is fucking disgraceful how wankers who run things are so ill-equipped to function.  Before I am specific, let's just recap for a moment.  The BBC's coverage of the Jubilee celebrations was basically shit; this view is fairly universally acknowledged and the shambolic approach was reported on by just about everyone in the media.  The man in charge of this event was 49-year-old George Entwistle.  On top of the fiasco of the Jubilee coverage, for which he was responsible, it should be noted that he has been at the BBC for 23 years.  So you'd think that he must have been noticed by the board of the BBC Trust, who appoint for the position of Director General.

I am therefore fucking cunting disgusted that £157,000 was paid to recruitment consultants!  Talk about squandering money!  Spending that sort of money on 'headhunting' when there's some furniture (or should that be dead wood) under your own fucking corporate note is an outrage.  Yes, the man under the nose of those running the Trust has been given the job after £157k was wasted.

24 Hours in A&E

I watched a bit of this programme the other night, and was appalled at the fucked-up state of the country, which allows the NHS to be used as a repair workshop for people who self-abuse.  If I drive my car into a lamp post or put the wrong fuel in it at the BP station, then it's me who has to pay for the repairs, or the flushing of the system.  However, it all changes when it comes to humans and there's apparently no cuntin' responsibility taken by arseholes who fuck themselves up and then expect to be fixed.  Twats who drink so much they end up in the casualty department are draining the NHS of resources, and paying nothing for the chaos they create.  Broken bones because of accidents through intoxication and/or injuries from resultant fights are all dealt with in A&E by staff who ought to help people in real need.



On this episode, loads of people were brought in suffering from the effects of taking 'GBL' and had in effect treated their bodies in the same way as putting diesel in a petrol car and wondering why it then conked out.  This is shit.  Die or cough up (not literally . . . . or, mabe . . . ?) because those causing their own problems at this level are stopping resources being used for rather more worthwhile things.  People unlucky enough to get ill or injured should be able to expect treatment.  However, there's not enough money for some treatments or operations.  Yet the cunt who's got drunk at a party, taken some drugs, headbutted a copper and been dragged to hospital with a broken arm and a gash in his head will drain the department of time and effort, money, and patience (good pun, eh?).  The cost for all this?  Nothing, because taxpayers and the government sort it all out in a shit way at a high level.  The aforementioned bloke will have numerous staff helping him 'get better' for no penalty at all - if we remove the headbutt aspect.  Meanwhile, if I drive at 45mph in a 40mph zone on a duel carriageway, inconveniencing and hurting no one at all, some cunt wants to give me three points and a £60 fine (soon to be £90). The UK is fucked; the NHS is fucked; priorities in the UK are fucked.  We are all fucked.

On an associated subject, it seems fucking madness that judges, who find themselves dealing with acts of violence by tossers who've taken drugs, are very often disposed to being lenient for no cunting reason - other than an apparent wish to recognise that the actions of these offenders were out of character !!  Hang on . . . . . people take drugs to become something else, they become something else and bite someone's nose off and break another's leg, and the cunting judge suspends a short sentence because it was either "out of character" or a "first offence" (that anyone knows of).  Shoot the cunts!  This country is fucked and judges are fucking useless about 85% of the time.

Weather Or Not

We've had so much rain that whether (forgive the pun) it's summer or winter is proving to be irrelevant.  However, just to help keep us on track, I was informed on a forecast a few days ago by the TV presenter masquerading as someone who has got a clue about weather that there will be some more "summer lightning" to look out for.  I must say that "looking out for" lightning is not one of my favourite pastimes, and I was not actually in need of clarification on which fucking month it is, and thus which season we're in.  In the UK, at the beginning of July, lightning is fucking lightning, and to call it 'summer lightning' is pathetic.

Sign Writing

Driving on the M62 is never much fun.  I passed a truck that was beige and had red writing, in the colours of P&H.  The main service was stated in capitals, and the strapline after it was a joke - it read as follows:

SWEETDIRECT - Always delivering retail snacking solutions

What the hell sort of world do we all live in when we need solutions for snacking?  This is fucking pathetic and I'm sure some tit sat in a marketing meeting and thought it would sound good.  Well, I've news for you - it sucks!

Not five minutes later a white van passed me on the inside, as heavy traffic slowed up (M62 remember) and I saw another linguistic travesty, involving another company which has followed the tired path of having to have a strapline to explain what it's all about.  Strangely it opted for the same format in terms of capitals; here we go:

INNSERVE - dispense solutions passionately delivered

My gripe with this nonsense is (or should be) obvious.  It's the present participle that's needed here - dispense is a verb, and in the context of the strapline, it just doesn't work!  Dispensing Solutions!

Responsibility, Obesity and Gypsy

I have absolutely nothing against gypsies or fat people, or fat gypsies.  Not in general.  There will of course at some point be people within those categories who I find I dislike, given reason or cause, because society as a whole contains idiots, arses, and shits as well as wonderful people.  Someone whose fatness directly affects things to an intolerable level will attract dislike and criticism.  For example, a fat person nicking some of my airline seat space so they can fit on a plane is encroachment and inconvenience that I should not have to endure, as I am not the fatty.  People who are fat because of (to some degree) their own approaches are also likely to be viewed unsympathetically when taxpayers have to stump up many thousands of pounds to ferry them around for health treatments, or have to pay for extra-strength ambulances, beds and loos.  Similarly, when travellers occupy land illegally and cause an awful mess, and do not pay their fair share to society while wanting benefits that others have paid for, I will be upset - as will millions of others. 

Strangely, though, we are all on the verge of being on a par with 'racists' by describing fatties as fat.  How mad is it when someone eats too much and becomes medically obese (which automatically means that in my book they are also 'socially' obese, and should have to put up with the consequences) they are catered for as a standard approach.  This endorses the growth in average weights and obesity.  Clothes in extra sizes are everywhere; menus have portions that are labelled XXL and we're subjected to upselling all the time, with "is that a large meal?" every time an order is placed at a takeaway - the worst sort of establishment for someone to be asked if he or she would like a horse's portion.  If fat people can't be called fat or obese or chunky, what's left?  Big-boned?  Greedy?  Substantial?  How come Channel 4 has aired programmes it's seen fit to call "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" and "Thelma's Gypsy Girls" then?  The obsession with Gypsy themed programmes is odd, but calling someone a Gypo is apparently racist (??!!)  Is it that the wedding is 'fat' or the 'gypsy' is fat?  The same query involved the 'big' aspect. 

People need to take responsibility for themselves and their lives.  Fat people need to look at the cause of their obesity and see what can be done about losing weight.  Being a victim is not an option.  Their weight is most often their own responsibility, not the state's and thus in turn, mine.  Non-working people need to try and find jobs and not automatically opt out and decide they are 'victims'.  Criminals need to realise their excuses and justifications for their actions are shit, and it is not society's fault that they were forced to opt for burglary or con the state out of benefits, taking government money, and so my money.  Shoplifters need to admit what they do is wrong and then the price of things would not have to include an allowance for theft; in effect, I pay more so the thieves are stealing from me.  Cunts who dodge taxes are costing me money.  Others who are dodging taxes by manipulating rules via fancy accountancy practices and exploiting loopholes are not doing anything illegal, but the government is failing me because by letting these things prevail, less tax is collected, and the easy targets (the masses) are subsiding the high earners and clever fucks.  As ever, this is costing me, and the government needs to take responsibility to collect taxes.  By the way, that includes collecting proper taxes from travellers and gypsies, along with the rest of society.

Let's all adopt a new and fairer approach.  Call something what it is; do what it is right to do; take responsibility for your own lives.  Meanwhile, the state should take responsibility for running things properly and fairly so that everyone plays by the same rules.

Call Centre Coherence

I do not give a shit, a monkey's tit or a dog's chopper where a call centre is located.  I have no qualms about a company deciding to put its customer service staff anywhere on the planet.  What I DO care about is that the customer service is good.  BUT - BEFORE the quality of the actual customer service (in terms of what's possible and how I can receive proper assistance, advice and resolution to any issues) can be assessed, there's an overriding factor that decides everything at the very start of any dealings - can I understand the person on the end of the line, and can he or she understand me?

I live in the UK, am British and speak English.  I typically conduct my business in English, wander around England, and generally expect that my use of English services and products (bought in England from companies that operate in England) should be without hitch - but if there is a need to interact, some cunt will talk to me in English.  So, when I call a directory enquiry service, I want a fucking number.  The call is costing well over a quid for a fucking number (assuming I am not put through by the operator at an inflated charge, and choose to dial myself afterwards, separately) and I do not want to be fucked about.  By this, I mean stuggle to make myself understood by someone who hasn't a fucking clue.  Similarly, calling Barclaycard was a fucking nightmare last week, and I hung up.  I just could not understand what this fucking twat was saying to me, and I was as frustrated as hell.  I called a delivery company a week ago in Leeds and was equally fucked off.  In the end I was put through to someone else who was much more intelligent and better equipped to converse with me.  She had a full 17 active brain cells and a modicum of competence in the language, so after engaging 17 of my own brain cells, we managed an interchange at what was probably an amoebic level.

Wherever I call to get service, I want service in English.  It is NOT the fault of anyone in Asia, India, South America, or even the USA (!) because the person given a job to answer phones wants to make a living, and deserves a chance to do so.  My gripe is that those given the chance to do any job should be QUALIFIED to do it.  I suggest to every fucking company that whether the person representing you is based in the UK or abroad, they should speak English well, and understand English.  If not, they should not be given the job!  So, this is not racism at all, it is fit-for-purpose-ness, plain and simple.  If a customer is talking to a representative and struggling to hear/understand over a phone the speech/accent/delivery/style/content [delete as appropriate] and/or is struggling to make himself/herself understood by someone who's clearly from a different background/location/culture/planet, then there's a problem and everything is compromised.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment