Thursday 30 June 2011

30.6.11 If You Were My Wife

I sat yesterday, waiting for a training session to start, in the company of three people.  The hour long wait was painful on account of the three and the conversation.  The three contributors [I did not participate] were not equally weighted in terms of annoyance factor.  No, the woman at the head of the table created 85% of the annoyance, with the two blokes grabbing 10% (the trainer, waiting for late arrivals) and 5% (nice chap who attracted most of the shit coming out of the mouth of superwoman).

Oh how she loved relaying details of her fantastic life, where she'd been, who she'd been there with and impressed.  Joyful anecdotes about skiing exploits, trips to New York, Wedding shit, you know the score.  I suffered in silence and decided that even the most mundane conversation at a hairdressers must be like an intellectual conversation in comparison.  Then she came out with the killer line, and I instantly considered two perfect responses.  I did however manage not to blurt either out, and instead made a note of them on my otherwise empty pad [NB - nothing else was noted on this pad during the rest of the day; worthwhile training, eh?]

"He really puts in the hours at work.  If I was his wife, I don't think I'd be very happy."

Option 1 - If you were my wife, I'd put in the hours as well!
Option 2 - If you were my wife, I don't think I'd be very happy!

It was so tempting though.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment