Sunday 15 May 2011

14.5.11 Peanuts, Cake & Chicken

Act I Scene I
Mountain restaurant, Gran Canaria, waiting for drinks to arrive.

Mrs MWSC:  "I love salted almonds"
Daughter-in-law:  "I prefer it when they're not salted"
TMWSC:  "I prefer it when they're not almonds"

Act I Scene II
Mountain restaurant, Gran Canaria, watching cake consumption at next table.

Mrs MWSC:  "I don't want to say what they're eating as H will want some"
Daughter-in-law:  "Can't you say it out loud in a different language?"
Son-of-MWSC:  "No, he knows helado"
Daughter-in-law:  "What about spelling it in a different language, so it's a secret code?"
TMWSC:  "Like G.A.L.L.E.T.A ?
Mrs MWSC:  "What?"
TMWSC:  "G.A.L.L.E.T.A.  Galleta?"
Mrs MWSC:  "What?"
TMWSC:  "Spanish biscuit!!!  I was sure I'd spelt it right!"
Mrs MWSC:  "Oh, yes, sorry you did.  I just didn't understand you for a minute, for some reason"

One minute later, when discussing what we would be eating in a couple of hours time

TMWSC:  "We could always have a thing at the thing"
Mrs MWSC:  "Yes, we could do"
Daughter-in-law:  "A what?  How do you know what that means?"
Mrs MWSC:  "I just do"
TMWSC:  "A buffet at the apartments; she can understand a thing at the thing, but not a proper word that I also spell out correctly!"

Act I Scene III
Just before leaving the mountain restaurant, Gran Canaria, a chicken crosses the road and approaches the table

Son-of-MWSC:  "There's a chicken coming"
TMWSC:  "I haven't ordered one (?)"
Mrs MWSC:  "I've never seen a chicken actually cross the road before, and not on a zebra crossing!"
Chicken: Nods, and walks away

...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys this provided you with up that sunny mountain in Gran Canaria

    ReplyDelete