Wednesday 24 December 2014

24.12.14 Alternative Christmas Message


Please do not give me any Season's Greetings, which by default suggests that the two weeks or so spanning the run-up to Christmas followed by New Year constitutes a 'Season'.  This is no more a 'Season' than a collection of episodes on a fucking DVD, which is of course a 'Series'.




You may wish me 'Happy' or 'Merry' Christmas, and similarly hope I have a 'Happy' or 'Prosperous' New Year.  You may, instead, call me a complete cunt, which is absolutely fine.  But please do not suggest there's any 'Season' involved, nor refer in any way at all to a fucking Festive Period. The cunts who devised this pathetic term need shooting.  What utter shit.

On this Christmas Eve, I wish all readers an enjoyable ten days, during which I am sure there will be opportunities to have drinks and relax, plus catch up with family and friends.  With regard to the New Year, please give consideration to the length of time during which you extend hopes for the prosperity and enjoyment of others.

It is unacceptable to be wishing folk a "Happy New Year" after the first week of January.  If anyone is tempted to pester me in this regard after 7th January, they can fuck off, and I will most certainly NOT be returning the 'compliment'.

...


No comments:

Post a Comment