Tuesday 23 December 2014

23.12.14 Awakening of the Month


"As soon as the bench cracked underneath me, I knew my weight was a problem."

This was a quote from Karen Dawson, whose plight has been relayed to us courtesy of the Mail Online.




I rather think that her weight was a problem a very long time before she sat on the church pew and it broke beneath her.  The wooden bench was struggling with the size 38 Welsh woman who was almost 27 stone.  She was at her mother-in-law's funeral.  In her account of the event, Mrs Dawson said: "As we watched the coffin being lowered, I wanted the ground to swallow me up."  The ground would have needed to open up a long way!  It seems this incident spurred her to lose some weight, and she's now dropped to 18 stone. Not sure this all qualifies as 'news' though.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment