Wednesday 12 February 2020

12.2.20 Cookery Is Fuckery

The cooking world is now officially full of complete fuckery . . . of the English language.  Yes, I know that "fuckery" is not a real word, but I feel authorised to introduce it as a perfect label for the horrendous utterances of TV cooks, chefs and commentators.

I'll just wash my hands off

We have to roast these off (ref sweet potatoes)

I would recommend washing them off

We're gonna leave these here to rest through

Strain off your butter beans

We'll let it cook down

Let it reduce down

This nonsense is everywhere, and it's as if the food world has insisted on some training for all those associated with food - so that they talk utter shit, and introduce unnecessary prepositions at every opportunity.  The above examples are the tip of the cunting iceberg!

Tom Kerridge recently came out with:

"We sweat it off" and "They've been marinaded" 

Madness indeed.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment