Thursday 9 January 2014

9.1.14 Charity Competition


Now that Movember is behind us, and Text Santa has been dealt with, we are in the lull before Red Nose Day demands from us more coughing up so that it can run itself in the manner to which it has become accustomed.  In the meantime we have numerous begging adverts on TV for monthly donations.

£2 per month buys something via Water Aid
£3 per month helps save a Snow Leopard
£4 per month is the amount Oxfam has decided we ought to donate
£5 per month will help Save the Children

I'm not sure I can afford to save a Snow Leopard AND a child, and unless the £5 for the Children includes the £2 so that they can drink, it might not be that beneficial anyway.  What a conundrum.  Still, the truth of the matter is that the first few hundred thousand pounds from any donations at all will simply allow the various charities to run themselves, pay for offices, salaries, cars and of course the TV adverts, and so I reckon there will be not a lot getting as far as kids, water or leopards.

I will post anything that proves I am incorrect, so if anyone wants to comment with confirmation of the fact that none of the charities is hoarding any money in accounts, or does not have ludicrous 'expenses' that are naturally needing to be covered before anything good goes on to the causes, then please let me know.

There are claims from some charities that 'x' pence in the pound goes on this and that, and it all looks quite sensible.  However, in tough economic conditions, and competition between charities, there are diminishing benefits passed on, and still there are many who are taken advantage of (exploited) by having their time and goodwill called upon more.  At the same time, those at the top get decent salaries, company cars and everything else that would apply in any business environment.  I think there needs to be serious rationalisation in the charity sector.

PS: Maybe the charities could have some of the £millions that the UK government insists on wasting and squandering all over the world, doing no cunting good at all, and in many cases being given to undeserving countries and/or causes.  In fact, we give money to countries who'd be happy to see us rot!  Fucking bonkers.  I pay many thousands each year in tax, allowing the government to do this.  If I was able to distribute my own tax element, then I'd be much happier, and could give to good causes etc a percentage of my choosing, and not be ripped off.  While the government needs my taxes to give to cunts who claim benefits to which they are not entitled, or who refuse to contribute and simply sit and 'collect', then I am sorry but it's an equation that prevents a lot of charity on top.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment