Thursday 2 January 2014

2.1.14 When Will Enough Be Enough?


I have previously made protestations about the horrendous lack of progress in the government tackling the ownership of dangerous dogs.  Time and time again we read about tragic incidents that involve death and mutilation.



It seems that whatever the rules, nothing is changing, and there are cunts everywhere who think it is acceptable to own dogs that are dangerous while doing nothing to contain the risk.  So, it comes as no surprise that yet another child is disfigured by a free-roaming dog - a Staffordshire bull terrier.

Whatever the penalty imposed upon the owner, it will be cunting pathetic compared with the grief and consequences for Demi Baines.  The dog will probably (and necessarily) be put down, and the statistics will show one more victim - and she is a victim of crime!  This was not an accident, and the owner was most surely totally aware of his failure to control the dog.  Thus, he was, and is, a criminal.

Finally, I would have some sympathy with anyone carrying a long knife or gun if he/she were in a neighbourhood where dogs roam the streets.  Surely carrying an offensive weapon is NOT the thing to promote, and yet if the weapon is the only real means of defending yourself or your child against a manic dog, then what else would a parent be expected to do?

Sort it out, government.  Simple steps.
1 - all dogs of certain breeds or any 'cross' to be licensed
2 - failure to license your dog £1000 fine as standard
3 - failure to control dog in public £1000 fine
4 - not controlling dog which leads to injury 1-5 years in prison!

If I got into a fight with an innocent bystander and bit through someone's lip, ripping it to shreds, I would be jailed.  If I did that to a six-year-old girl, I'd get 10 years.  So what's the difference between that and letting a dog do it?

PS: I've nothing against dogs - I have got one myself.  It's just that when selecting which breed, I went for one that was not a killing machine.  If I'd wanted one of those, I'd have gone for a Kalashnikov with no safety catch, rather than a supposed 'pet'.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment