Friday 17 January 2014

17.1.14 Names For Babies


So called 'celebrities' are renowned for picking stupid names for their offspring, and so it's no great surprise that we've had a few howlers recently.




The latest one to catch my eye is the daughter of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.  Obviously this pairing having KKK in the mix is somewhat unfortunate, but I'll move on from that.  Instead of Kanye (Kan't Ya?) being the 'funny' name in the family, the kid has stolen the prize, albeit with no knowledge of her success in having a dumb name for the rest of her life.  North West is, I suggest, a stupid name to saddle a kid with.  I suppose if I'm honest the 'name' North is not in itself awful.  Okay, it isn't a name at all, but making it one is not horrendous - until it is paired with 'East' or 'West'.  So, the people who can't get away with giving 'North' as a first name are really only those with a surname of 'East' or W'est'.  Hmm . . . Oops.  Twats.

Equally stupid are parents Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll.  Again it's the daddy whose name stands out as the silly one.  However, I do wonder if he'll be around that long, seeing as he's the third one that Kate's paired with to have a kid.  Kate recently said that 'of course' she wasn't letting her kid have Rocknroll for a surname - and underlined her affirmation with another, to announce: "I'm an adult".  That's rather debatable, I reckon (rock on) because surely only a delinquent would call the son 'Bear'.  So, the bare-faced cheek of KW claiming adulthood and good parenting is backed up by the third child from the third bloke being named Bear Winslet.  Hmm . . . If you go down to the woods today.

I suppose the other recent funny one was Cricket, given to the daughter of Busy Philipps and Marc Silverstein.  Howzatt possible?  I'm stumped.  There are loads she'll have to put up with - boundaries, yorkers, a quick single, having the runs, bowled over.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment