Sunday 24 July 2011

24.7.11 Blue Badge Parking

What a complete piss-take!  I have just had a minor altercation with someone whose attitude dumbfounded me.  For some completely fucked-up reason, she seemed to think it was all right to leave a vehicle across the entrance to my property.  So, I could not get out, I could not get in (nor could my neighbour who shares access) and the narrowness of the lane was reduced by the Grand Voyager to the point where only a cyclist could pass by en route to other houses further along.


What gave her the right to do this?  The blue fucking badge.  After a couple of hours, the woman returned to the vehicle as I waited.  After she confirmed the vehicle was hers, I enquired: "What on earth makes you think it's all right to park across my driveway so it's impossible to get in and out?"  Her response was that there was no room further down.  I retorted that that was hardly relevant or an excuse for leaving it here.  Her wittering of "All right, all right" did nothing to explain her perverse view, but her comment of "I thought you'd be able to squeeze through" served to annoy the fuck out of me.  "I shouldn't have to!" 


"You don't have to say anything; we know what it's like 'cos we get it at our house."  This was the thing that left me dumbfounded.  If she knows what it's like, why is she doing it to others?  Obviously I made such an enquiry and expressed amazement that I should have to put up with such shit, and I was told I don't need to be nasty.  Twat!  Anyway, I walked away before I called her a stupid inconsiderate cunt, although I did highlight that a blue badge does not give her the right to abandon a car like that, and that she was in effect abusing the badge.


As it happens, my neighbour was just returning, and had in fact been waiting in the road for a few minutes, getting wound up while his young daughter sat still in her booster seat.  I left him to enlighten the biddy, who was actually quite able, and only disabled in her ability to apply common fucking sense to living her life.  The view above is not quite the access through the open gate that my neighbour was expecting!  She sat in the passenger's seat, and then a guy in a wheelchair appeared.  He managed on his own to go up a side ramp, and get into the driver's seat.  The whole vehicle rose a bit, and then they were off.


I've nothing against disabled people, and I appreciate their need to have better access to places etc.  But, the terms of use of the Blue Badge do not allow holders to cause an obstruction.  I hear you considering whether I am over reacting.  All I can say is that this is not an isolated incident.  No, there have been issues week in, week out, for years.  So, I am all out of tolerance.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment