Monday 18 November 2013

18.11.13 Jungle Watch


SUNDAY

Oh dear - I watched IACGMOOH on Sunday and the damage has been done. Worse, I watched the ITV2 follow-on programme (which is funnier) and it seems I am, as expected, likely to be drawn to this tosh on a regular basis.

I didn't believe my ears when I heard the Essex Twat say "confrontate", and quickly added it to my notes for quote of the month.  I rather expect he will be uttering more drivel over the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I have to concede I didn't think anyone could be 'wetter' than the dopy-as-fuck Helen Flanagan, but it see,s that Matthew Wright is giving it a really good go, and succeeding nicely.  I am not the first to wonder why he is in the jungle when he has a phobia that results in tears and his pulling the weirdest faces.

Steve Davies agreed with the shorter/thicker Essex product that they would select the 'fittest' people for their red team.  He explained this was in all senses of the word.  So, that gave them the chance to choose a swimmer (Adlington) plus a model (Willerton) and of course Laila Morse!  How the pair of them decided that she would be fitter than David Emanuel I don't know.  I have no idea how Laila came to get picked by ITV in the first place, and it was surely not because of her wealth of experience.  I heard her relaying that her only ever camping experience was many years ago, and it involved not going in a tent, and not only staying in the car but sleeping in it!

Joey: "If it's a rain forest, it obviously rains on purpose, doesn't it?"

I have a question regarding the Willerton woman, and so far I've not been tempted to Google it.  The caption that appeared at the bottom of the screen on a few occasions said: "Miss Universe GB".  This strikes me as odd and confusing.  It suggests she is not a winner of Miss Universe, and that she is not in fact a winner of Miss Great Britain.  Is she just the entrant from Great Britain (not the United Kingdom, which would be a rather more appropriate and correct 'catchment') for the contest of Miss Universe?  If so, she's not won anything, then.



The hour on ITV2 afterwards was rather more entertaining than the main programme, and so I'd encourage people to watch the mickey-taking and humour that comes our way, even if it's too arduous to manage the main programme.  Joe Swash is funny, and the five of them are clearly having a laugh with few rules on etiquette.  That bloke from Eastenders is a bitch, though, eh?

MONDAY

Hats off to Joey and Matthew for eating that stuff.  I think Joey's expectations were humorously exposed via his comment about possibly having to eat goat's cheese.  Obviously it turned out rather nastier than that! Rather mean to force the result with a tie-breaker, and deny Matthew any food after he was less than a second behind Joey.

The extra hour on ITV2 was good, other than the Eastenders bloke being annoying.  I feel there's a definite bias to the group, what with Ferne McCann from TOWIE being on the panel.  I had to look up her name, having never wasted my life watching TOWIE ever.

It seems there are enough people voting to create a rematch tomorrow - Joey and Matthew.  A break from the main programme tomorrow, but there's a bigger ordeal than any bush tucker trial for all of us; watching England play football.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment