Thursday 1 March 2012

1.3.12 February Oxymoron Moments

I was travelling on the M1 early in February, and was passed by a really drab and dated Ford, driven by 'Mr Average'.  As the vehicle went past me (I was doing about 65mph and the Ford was going at about 75mph) I clocked what was written on the back of this blob on four wheels, next to the word 'Focus'.  Quite inappropriately, the manufacturer has decided to add the word Style

'Fitted Sheets' do not generally perform in the way that their name suggests, and it is so disappointing that their main attribute (ie. fitting) is lacking.  I would suggest that henceforth these things are renamed 'Elasticated Sheets', to avoid dissatisfaction among those who buy them expecting them to fit.

I passed an establishment in the early afternoon, one day in February, which was called 'Aspire'.  Inside, I saw people sitting and supping drinks - people who quite clearly wouldn't be able to spell 'Aspire', let alone actually have any aspirations!  There should be a door policy where a vetting process could exclude those whose outlook means they are less than aspirational.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment