Saturday 12 March 2011

12.3.11 Travelodge

The Travelodge chain of cubicles is generally the cheapest for an overnight stay, though a bit of effort can result in a similarly priced hotel being sorted.  The trouble is, you only know exactly what you're getting if you stick to a chain/brand.  For this reason, I opted for Travelodge on Wednesday of last week.  I thought I'd know what to expect.  In terms of the building itself and the presentation, I was pleased to find it was a fairly new one, and not one of the extremely tatty ones near a motorway.

After checking in, I found the TV in the room did not work, and the remote control 'rattled' in a way that suggested it was fucked.  I went down to reception, and to cut a story short, I was moved to another room.  I was still on the second floor.  Unfortunately for me, there was a third floor to this establishment.

After the football finished, I was put through an ordeal by person or persons unknown, in the room above mine.  There was no way to know how many occupants the room had, but it was probably one or two.  The noise created, however, suggested one or two DOZEN.  The heavy-footed occupant(s) made the ceiling shudder, and the vibrations reached the wall mirror in my room, located above the desk.  There was a rumble and the sound of vibrating glass with each and every step. What was baffling was the need that anyone could have had for moving around so much in what was simply a bedroom with an en suite.  It would have been no more noisy if a family of 4 (with each member having two club feet) was on a sponsored walk around the room!

At about 10.30pm, it all stopped.  No doubt sleep had taken over.  I did not realise that an early end to the movement would have significant consequences.

Fuckin' cuntin' pissin' shittin' five-forty in the morning!  That's when I was woken up by the stampede above.  Backwards and forwards, thumping and rumbling and vibrating and 'clubbing', the cunt fucked about for over half an hour!

So, Travelodge may be a cheap option, but I cannot yet be sure whether the issues I had were as a result of 'Elephant Man' being in residence above me, or a substandard build quality in the construction of the Travelodge.  Henceforth, I will request a top floor room at any Travelodge I book.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment