Monday 31 January 2011

31.1.11 Three Custard Creams

To go with my coffee at the rather pathetic 'in-store' Tesco Cafe next to Edinburgh Park Station, I chose some biscuits.  I am only just justified in using the plural, here, as my purchase was a tiny packet containing just three custard creams.  Bearing in mind the venue (a fucking great shop selling tonnes of food at reasonable prices) I thought the three custard creams would be on sale at a reasonable price.  I believe value packs of custard creams contain about 30 biscuits, at around 45p - so the cost of the three custard creams is really about five pence.

Now, I am all for economies of scale determining price in a free market, and I don't begrudge retailers a margin on their products.  However, the three custard creams cost me 65 cuntin' pence!

That's a 1300% mark-up.

That takes the cuntin' biscuit!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment