Monday 3 January 2011

3.1.11 Argos Message

That automated twat on the 'Check and Reserve' number has for over five years insisted on dealing with each of my calls by stating - "I have some more information about this store" when I enter the code for my local one.  The essential information I get through the earpiece (painfully slowly) is the new address.  Now, when the local store moved from one end of the high street to the other, it was relevant to get this prompt.  But over 5 cuntin' years later!  No!  The result is that the automated process is prolonged even more, meaning that only the product being 'in stock' will reduce the blood pressure by the time the all-important information is being dispensed.

If Argos did the 'Check & Reserve' for visits to Royal Residences, I've no doubt we'd hear:

'You have selected a visit to Hampton Court Palace.  I have some more information on this for you.  The Royal Residence has now moved; the new address is Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1A."

...

No comments:

Post a Comment