Wednesday 9 September 2020

9.9.20 Jo Whiley Gasps

My drive home from work allows me the option of encountering a Jo Whiley offering on Radio 2, if I want it.  I have to report I have come to the conclusion that irritations have removed the chance of listening to Radio 2 music from 7.02pm.


JW - Artificially short of breath, Mon-Fri

I cannot fathom the presenting style adopted by JW, which involves a gasp between almost every utterance.  The sharp intakes of breath are completely unnecessary.  I believe she feels there is some sort of excitement about her material and the eagerness of listeners to receive the gushing shite over the airwaves.  I have experienced zero 'excitement', zero 'intrigue' and total annoyance.  Can someone at the BBC tell her that she is not a reporter bringing urgent news to the masses, from a burning building.  The false urgency in the delivery of twaddle is ludicrous, and the desperation to deliver the details of what she will be playing, what's going on in her world, and why everything matters (when it doesn't) is perverse.

Take a deep breath, JW, and simply talk properly and steadily ...... please!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment