Tuesday 30 June 2015

30.6.15 Asda Strikes Again


Asda has a terrible record for making offers in the aisles, but not setting them up at the tills.  As a result, customers are overcharged.  Yet again, I have just suffered this phenomenon, after outlaying just over £100 at one of the stores.




As ever, I stumbled across nonsensical pricing policies, and had to adjust my shopping habits to cater for the lunacy that Asda introduces to the aisles.  An example was the Clover, which was available at £1.97 for a kilo tub.  This was apparently a mark-down from £3.50.  The exact same price, £1.97, was shown on the ticket a few inches along, where allegedly the 500g version was marked down from £2.50 to £1.97.  What a fucking mess.

Elsewhere, I purchased some dry roasted peanuts.  I opted for the 500g packet at £2.00 rather than pay £1.98 for the 300g version on the shelf directly above.  There were no offers in play at all, so this can only lead to the conclusion that Asda has lost the plot.

At the checkouts, I packed the shopping and paid, after which I checked the receipt to see what rip-offs were hoping to go unnoticed.  I found two.

1 - I bought three tubes of Strawberry Fruitella sweets, which were supposed to be £1.00 rather than the 60p individual price.

2 - I bought three passata cartons at 50p each, but they were showing as 87p each on the receipt.

The overall outcome was an overcharge at £1.91 through Asda being unable to implement the correct pricing at the tills.  Thus, I was forced to hang around at Customer Services while a uniformed worker pissed about on tills, having walked off to check the POS details.  The £1.91 was deducted from my card, and I had to sign a receipt.  Why it is deemed necessary for a customer to sign something to get back the money that has just been stolen via an Asda till I've no fucking idea!

On this occasion, I was handed a £2 gift card for my trouble.  I suspect that my pissed-off nature led to this outcome, because when I have previously had caused to follow a similar path, without seeming as pissed off, I've not been offered any gift card.

I left with my rapidly defrosting frozen items dampening other produce, and made my escape.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment