Monday 30 March 2015

30.3.15 ASDA & The Balking At Burritos - Part Two

Part Two

I have had no fucking response from ASDA whatsoever!  That's a couple of days short of TEN WEEKS with nothing but an acknowledgement on the same day, 21st January.  I don't believe they give a fuck about anything much.

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch, your message has been sent to our customer service team who'll get back to you as soon as they can.

Regards

The ASDA.com Team


Part One



Please take this as a warning, for having gone through the process of preparing these ASDA Burritos and discovering the atrocious results, I'd like to save you from such pointless effort.

These were allegedly Chosen by you . . . . . I think fucking not!  There is nothing positive to say at all about this product, and I urge you not to purchase the 430g of pure nonentity.




Nutritionally, I believe the contents of the packet might be useful in delaying death by hunger, whilst encouraging a premature death through illness, nausea, olfactory degeneration and annoyance.  It would seem that to get the Taste of America, one needs to consume a list of ingredients [or should I say chemicals] that would test the joint abilities of a qualified chemist working in partnership with a Michelin chef in identifying - though most certainly NOT endorsing.

I have not bought a ready meal for at least a year now, and this experience will at least ensure I am deterred from doing so for another long stint.  The packaging included a small section on how to bring to the attention of ASDA that its product is shit.  I have therefore sent an email via the website, as instructed - well, as best as I could, because this turned out to be less than straightforward, with an apparent dominance of ASDA Direct over the Groceries section.  Thus, I believe that Enid (who no doubt discussed bra sizes with female shoppers) will be expected to handle the case of the Balking Burritos and have to pass it on to someone else.  Let's see. Meanwhile, here's a copy of the submission I've made via Asda.com.


The website denies me the option of contact on any matter relating to groceries, and instead I am directed to the asda direct arm of your rambling organisation.  The nature of my question on this form is thus totally erroneous; I've not been given any option to relay details of an awful product, so have had to select "I'm having trouble getting started". As a result, I am sure this complaint will be misdirected. Anyway, here goes -

The details on the packaging for "chosen by you" Taste of America beefy burritos suggest contact if I am not happy. the product is quite simply inedible. I don't know what AFM stands for but it says to quote this, plus the 21 Jan date in the Use By info box.  I have just cooked the product in the oven following the instructions exactly, and have found the outcome to be a completely inedible dollop of stodge.  I cannot begin to describe the taste, I'm afraid.  The meal-for-two turned into an exercise in 'binning it by one'.  I'd attach some photos but for the fact that this form doesn't allow me to do so.  I'd suggest removing it from shelves, and most certainly reviewing the 'chosen by you' tag because I doubt anyone with taste buds would opt to go anywhere near it.  Sorry if this is all a bit blunt, but I now have to find something else to eat and start again. Regards.





There might be a Part Two for this post, depending on Enid's contribution. Pending.

PS: Mrs MWSC agrees with me completely.  Amazingly, she commented how awful the smell and sight was, and this was DESPITE having her hair in a twisted towel (in the way women do) after applying some or other product that itself smells rather pungent!  I can therefore, through her intervention and input, confirm and convey that the ASDA Taste of America Chosen by you Beefy Burritos are more toxic than hair colour-stripping agent.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment