Saturday 28 September 2013

28.9.13 Robbery At Morrisons

Daylight robbery!  The new design at the Morrisons store is a welcome one, allowing rather freer movement now that there's space enough for trolleys, and lower levels of obstruction (despite concerted efforts of twat-like shoppers, which sadly persist).  In the new 'Market Street' atmosphere, I was able to obtain some chillis. This was of course beyond the entrance that was cluttered with people, loiterers, items on sale and general mayhem caused by tailbacks on queues for cigarettes, lottery tickets and customer service input).  The finger chillis were on sale at £4.99 per kilo, and I put about eight or so into a small bag.

At the checkouts, half an hour later, I was annoyed to spot the checkout woman ringing up a sale for chillis at £7.99 per kilo.  I pointed this out to her, and said that the price was £4.99.  She was not to be moved, and insisted that the correct charge was £7.99.  I confirmed there was a fucking great sign saying £4,99 per kilo but she was having none of it, and said it was only eight pence.

Being more interested in eating a stir fry that contains chillis than one that does not, I decided not to kick off at this outrageous display of cunting uselessness by a checkout operator.  The "Market Street" approach by Morrisons does not really work if the fuckers at the checkout don't recognise any of the produce, whether 'fancy' or rather more basic!  The idiot was charging for chilli peppers and not finger chillis.  It was my own good fortune that the weight of the items was so low as to lead to 8p as a charge at the inflates price rather than the 5p or 6p that should have been applied.  Her advice that I could take it up with Customer Services was pathetic.  For two cunting pence I couldn't be bothered.  I was robbed of two pence in broad daylight by a thick twat on the checkouts.

Beware.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment