Sunday 2 June 2019

2.6.19 Simply Be & JD Williams

The relentless adverts for Simply Be and JD Williams are missing the final word - "Fat".  I have deduced this after watching very large women wriggling and wiggling on screen, wearing clothes that allegedly make them look beautiful.  I am not disputing that these might be beautiful people, but their bodies are hardly so referred to.


"I'm an independent woman" is the main line that belts out of the TV as these big women try to convince other woman that they should but these garish garments from JD Williams.  I had never realised that independent is a synonym of fat.

I have no axe to grind here regarding the sale of clothing or the styles selected by/for women whose size is 20+, but I reject the notion that their wobbling on screen in this attire is attractive or worthwhile.  I feel I am being challenged not to discriminate, and to bow to this attempt to promote obesity as fine.  This is the same sort of approach as the "body positive" tag that is the alternative way of fat people determining that it's okay to beckon diabetes and a mobility scooter.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment