Sunday 7 May 2017

7.5.17 Binmen Work Near Bin Lorries - Shock


Have you ever wondered what happens at the arse end of a bin lorry?  Have you ever struggled to understand their purpose, and felt frustrated at not knowing the answer?  If so, then you are no doubt one of those intended beneficiaries of a new approach to the council liaising with its council tax payers.




It is how possible to get a better understanding of what binmen do, and where they operate.  Thanks to new signage, I ma personally better informed as to the actions of men in high-visibility clothes who have historically loitered near large bin lorries.  As noted in the above picture, I can rest assured that they are in fact "working".  I was a doubter, I must confess, but now that I have seen the writing on the screen, I can be happy.  This assurance is a welcome addition to my common cunting sense.

I am slightly surprised that there has not, to my knowledge, been any movement by feminists to challenge councils regarding use of the word "men".  Surely there is a dungaree-clad (under the hi-vis of course) woman ready to rage at this outrageous claim - the "men" part not the "working" bit that is of course open to challenge from either sex.

On the way to work last week, I saw a monstrously large grey vehicle that comprised largely (circa 90%) a container, but foe a cab at the front.  I was suddenly taken with confusion as to its purpose, and why it was moving along quite slowly while a few chaps in yellow dress (whom I simply could not ignore, and whose outfits were visibly dazzling) collected things on wheels and fed the grey monster.  This weird phenomenon caused me consternation and a suddenly felt the urge to become reckless.




I was about to succumb to a feeling of erratic and spontaneous lunacy and ram my car into the mouth of the contraption.  I prepared to defend myself against this threat, because I simply had no idea what to do at all.  I was losing control and without come sort of check to my thinking, I would mow down the two highly visible creatures tending the monster's teeth.  Then, as if guided by a higher power, I looked up at the top right hand corner of the beast, and found guidance.  Yes, just as I was about to act recklessly, I was given the all important advice I was so in need of:

Caution - Workers At Rear 

The illuminated letters on the small panel were a great help.  Just to the right of the registration plate, in equally sized writing was the explanation for this whole spectacle, and the presence of a trash eating monster and its tics.  I had been about to drive into them, despite their highly visible yellow skins, but at the last moment, I noticed the subtle wording on the grey angular monster.  But for the foresight of the council's waste management department, I'd have been guilty of manslaughter.  How could I have possibly known that a refuse lorry might have people putting rubbish into the back of it?

...

No comments:

Post a Comment