Saturday 3 December 2016

3.12.16 The Death of ING



I have no idea who these people are - the idiots who try to reinvent for the sake of it.  They fuck about with the English language just to annoy me.  I am not talking about the pretentious bands that drop a vowel from the name to somehow seem cool.  Despite my irritation, I do accept that this is part of an image or brand that is trying to be created/claimed/promoted.  In a similar way, Renault (or should that be Renlt or maybe Renau?) has marketed a car called a Captur.  Again, irritating but to some degree understandable.  Less acceptable is the TNT brand of Whistl with no 'e'.

I am not directing my annoyance today at the idiots on the radio last week, one of whom was a woman with a drawling voice who talked about people "engaging with fashion".  The stupid twat meant "buying clothes".  I gritted my teeth when she talked about "a pant" rather than trousers.  The Americanism pants rather than trousers I can handle, but losing the 's' no way.  They some cunt a few days later was talking about "a pyjama" for fucks sake!

No, my gripe and focus for this post centres on the death of three letters, and the outrageous abuse of the language when there is simply no basis for doing so, no branding aspect, and a cuntishness from invisible maketing arseholes.

In Aldi two weeks ago, I was incensed by an item for sale at £3.99.  It was not the price that drove me to that state, but the cardboard circle that accompanied the item.  The packaging referred to the product as a Fry Pan.  It was of course a cunting Frying Pan.

Elsewhere you will be exposed to Swim Shorts, so does that mean it's okay to wear a dress gown rather than a dressing gown?  Is it now a sail boat?  Fuck off.  The 'ing' is necessary.  It's a driving licence.  An eating disorder.

The disappearing 'ing' is not only wrong, it's a cunt travesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment