Tuesday 30 September 2014

30.9.14 Asda Arithmetic


There can be no doubt at all that there is much inefficiency in the Walmart world, and this can only be the most generous interpretation.  A less generous one would see the Asda hierarchy accused of calculated cuntism through trying to rip off customers.

Not for the first time, my Saturday shop at the local Asda was an experience that included a flawed charging regime.  I included in my £158 of purchases some toiletries which were on offer.  Much was made of the "3 for £5" offer that greeted me in the first aisle.  I specifically checked the products and their barcodes to ensure that my three choices were included in the offer.  This effort on my part was NOT matched with any effort by the cunt who programmed the tills.

After loading up, and going home, I realised with just a cursory check of the long receipt that the offer had NOT being taken into account.  Far from the £5.00 reasonable value for what I'd purchased, I found I'd been stung for £8.78.  That's a fucking 75.6% OVERCHARGE !

I went back to the store later that day, and decided that I wanted a refund, and would not be pissed about by the young chap who offered to try and get me charged the correct amount.  So, I left with £8.78 in my hand, although down a pound because that's the cost of each visit in petrol.

The obvious conclusion if that no one can ever trust the offers, and that anyone not checking a receipt will miss possible rip-off 'errors'.  Beware.





Criminally, the £3.33 mince with a 'best before' date of tomorrow (1st October) was necessarily returned to the shop a few minutes ago.  The meat was brown, and stunk like a old witch's cunt.  At the customer service counter.  I placed the tray of meat (710g, not the 750g that used to be contained within the same size large tray) on the counter, after the woman's query of "What's the problem?" and said "That's my tea, but I'm not going to be eating it."

I went and got another tray of pork mince while the young girl fucked about with receipts, scanners, and nose-holding, and when I got back to the counter, I had to sign.  Why the fuck I had to sign my name to return a lump of minced smelly dead pig that should still be in edible condition is beyond me.  Anyway, I left.  In effect, this second visit to the store to deal with Asda uselessness meant a further £1.00 in petrol to deal with Asda fuck-ups.  The toiletries were returned and I had my own money back,  I swapped out the meat, so in effect, the £3.33 tray of mince cost me an extra 2x £1 in petrol, representing an extra of 60%.

In general, I'd like to say: "Fuck the 10% cheaper claim - I'll be rather happier if you charge me cunting correctly, and sell me stuff that's edible rather than tainted.  Finally, the running around to sort out these two issues cost me an hour of my life and £2.00.  This makes Asda a less than attractive option.

Rolling back FUCK ALL !

...

No comments:

Post a Comment